PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT(s) REQUIRED
3x Part-time hour Positions and Bank Worker
Area: Bawtry, Doncaster
Salary: £12.45p per hour
The Rota is to be developed but it is envisaged to be 3 on, 3 off shifts and around 20+ hours per week minimum.
The hours do include evenings, weekends and some over-night shifts.
Potential for extra hours to cover Annual Leave/Sickness of other members in the team.
Hours that need covering are:
Afternoons 13:30 – 18:30 x 7 days a week
Evenings 18:00 – 22:30 x 7 days a week
Weekend mornings 07:00 – 09:30 x Saturday and Sunday
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join and develop an existing support team to support a severely disabled man to enable him to live in his own home. Duties are mainly companionship but will include (always with others) personal care (bathing, feeding, toiletry, etc.), moving and handing and some opportunities to take short walks in the local countryside.
You are expected to have proficient written English and communication, problem-solving and care skills. All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
If you do not hold a valid NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) we will enroll you onto The Care Certificate qualification, which we expect you to complete within your first 6 months of employment.
- To provide companionship within the home and in the community, including conversations, walking, motivating and encouraging good wellbeing and participation in activity whilst taking into account the client’s health and medical condition
- Maintain accurate and detailed verbal handover and on daily log sheets
- Uphold CQC Key Questions at all times: Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive
- Support the client in all daily tasks and deliver personal care: including bathing, eating/ dressing, grooming, toileting, managing the clients’ Epilepsy and Suprapubic catheter
- Administer/dispense/record administration of medication as prescribed
- Cleaning client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Reinforce and assist in any therapy programs, including OT and Physio programs under the guidance of the necessary professionals
- Travelling with and take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority when accompanying the client on each outing
- Effectively communicating with the multi-disciplinary team, with the client and their family/friends, and within the care support team. This may involve the highest degree of sensitivity and insight into family dynamics
- Ensure client and family confidentiality in record keeping and discussion concerning the client with their dignity, respect and privacy always being maintained
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and their family’s needs is essential
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience of caring or supporting individuals with physical disabilities is essential
- Full U.K. Drivers’ Licence with a reliable vehicle to access work is essential
- Non-smokers only