SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Part-time hours: 15 hours per week comprising of mornings, evenings and weekends during term time and days during school holidays.
Salary: £13 per hour weekdays, £14 per hour weekends
Please note: This post is only available to female applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a lovely 11-year-old girl, within her home and in the community, encouraging her independence. Our client has complex healthcare needs including Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. She is dependent on adults for all her care needs.
You are expected to have proficient written, communication, problem-solving and care skills. You must also be active, patient and fun-loving. All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
- Maintain accurate and detailed handover (daily) records using an electronic app (Log My Care)
- Uphold CQC’s 5 domains at all times: Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive
- Support the client in all daily tasks and deliver personal care: including: bathing, eating/ feeding (gastrostomy care), dressing, grooming, toileting, supporting the use of an Eye Gaze, managing the clients’ Epilepsy etc.
- Move and handle as recommended in the moving and handling training and as per MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Administer/dispense/record administration of medication (including emergency epilepsy medication) as prescribed and documented in the Support Plan following training, and following the MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Ensuring all client documents are kept up to date in accordance with MSPCM policy and ensuring the prompt and accurate logging of any Accident/Incidents/Near Misses and escalating these to the Case Manager
- Cleaning client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Enable the client to live as full, active and comfortable life as possible, planning and arranging social and recreational activities within the home and in the local community, motivating and encouraging participation in such, taking into account the client’s health and medical condition (including swimming).
- Reinforce and assist in any therapy programmes along with the clients’ Rehabilitation Assistant, including: behavioural/OT/Physio/SaLT/AT programmes under the guidance of the necessary professionals.
- Travelling with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing.
- Effectively communicating with the multi-disciplinary team, with the client and their family/friends, and within the care support team. This may involve the highest degree of sensitivity and insight into family dynamics.
- Ability to go on holiday (in the U.K.) with the client and her family
- Ensure client confidentiality in record keeping and discussion concerning the client with their dignity, respect and privacy always being maintained.
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager.
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and their family’s needs is essential
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with children with a complex Brain Injury is essential
- A level of physical stamina and fitness is required, that may include physical activities is essential
- Full U.K. Drivers’ Licence essential
- Confident in driving wheelchair accessible vehicles is essential