Part-time hours as needed (may be subject to change/ flexibility required/ applications welcomed from more than one applicant to ensure shift cover)
- Term time Fridays 10am to 3pm (non-college day)
- Saturday 10am to 3pm term time only (power wheelchair training, community activities etc)
- One Sunday per month term time only 5 hours (power wheelchair matches)
- 8 floating weekday hours per week for activities all year
- 8 floating weekend hours per week for activities all year
Area – Leeds/ Roundhay
Salary: £15.00 per hour weekdays, £16.00 per hour weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing support team, who support our client within their home and in the community, encouraging independence. Our client has Cerebral Palsy and is 16 years old.
You are expected to have proficient written, communication, problem-solving and care skills. All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
If you do not hold a valid NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) we will enroll you onto The Care Certificate qualification, which we expect you to complete within your first 6 months of employment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed handover (daily) records using an electronic app (Log My Care)
- Uphold CQC’s 5 Key Questions at all times: Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive
- Support the client in all daily tasks and deliver/ support with personal care: including bathing, eating/ feeding/ meal preparation, dressing, grooming, toileting whilst maximising his independence
- Administer/dispense/record administration of medication as prescribed and documented in the Support Plan following training and following the MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Ensuring all client documents are kept up to date in accordance with MSPCM policy and ensuring the prompt and accurate logging of any Accident/Incidents/Near Misses and escalating these to the Case Manager
- Move and handle as recommended in the moving and handling training, as per therapist advice and as per MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Cleaning client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Enable the client to live as full, active and comfortable life as possible, planning and arranging social and recreational activities within the home and in the local community, motivating and encouraging participation in such, taking into account the client’s health and medical condition ((including facilitating gym access, supporting power wheelchair training and matches, cinema, identifying new activities etc.)
- Reinforce and assist in any therapy programmes, including: behavioural/OT/Physio/SaLT programmes under the guidance of the necessary professionals
- Travelling with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Effectively communicating with the multi-disciplinary team, with the client and their family/friends, and within the care support team. This may involve the highest degree of sensitivity and insight into family dynamics.
- Ensure client confidentiality in record keeping and discussion concerning the client with their dignity, respect and privacy always being maintained
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager.
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and their family’s needs is essential
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with children with a complex Brain Injury is essential
- Full U.K. Drivers’ Licence essential
- Non-smokers only