SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Wrenthorpe, Wakefield Area
Part-time; 15-16 hours per week
Salary; £14 per hour weekdays, £15 per hour weekends, £21 per hour Bank Holidays
Please note: This post is only available to female applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010.
We are looking to recruit x2 Part-Time Support Workers, for 15-16 hours per week, to support our client.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a wheelchair dependent 18-year-old young lady with cerebral palsy in her home and in the community. Patience, enthusiasm and a fun outlook are required, along with a willingness to undertake activities and therapy programmes. Personal care and PEG feeding is involved. You must be flexible to suit the needs of our client.
You will receive all necessary training for the role.
You will be responsible for…
- Delivering personal care and PEG feeding (once trained) to a safe and high-quality standard. Our client takes pride in their appearance
- Researching and organizing activity programs for the client
- Accessing leisure activities in the community with the client using/ driving the client’s specially adapted vehicle
- Completing a communication sheet/ record that logs what the client has eaten and what therapies she has had
- Handling Support Worker expenses honestly and accurately logging expenditure
- Liaising with therapists and integrating these therapies into the care you provide, helping our client to gain further independence
- Going above and beyond your listed duties to maintain a high-quality standard of care.
- Our client would like someone with a patient, enthusiastic and engaging personality
- Someone who is reliable and flexible to suit the clients’ needs
- Experience working with children is essential
- Previous experience in the care sector/ support environment is essential
- Experienced in delivering personal care is desired
- Previous experience of working with children with Brain Injuries is desired
- Full U.K. Driver’s Licence is essential and must be a confident driver
- Non-smokers only
HOURS: 16 hours per week. Shifts as follows:
Week 1: x3 evening shifts from 15:45-21:00 (15-16 hours)
Week 2: x1 evening shift from 15:45-21:00 and x1 10-hour shift on a Saturday, exact shift times to be confirmed (15-16 hours)
More hours may be available. During the school holidays there will be the option to work 20 hours per week. You will be required to cover staff for sickness and annual leave at times.
PAY: £14 per hour weekdays, £15 per hour weekends, £21 per hour Bank Holidays.