SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Part-time Hours: 18-25 hours per week approximately. Mainly mid-week work but some weekends will also be required. Hours will differ across term-time and school holidays. Rota shifts will be discussed at interview.
Salary: £12.50 per hour weekdays- £13.50 per hour weekends
Please note: This post is only available to female applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our small support team, supporting a young girl within her home and in the community, encouraging her independence. Our client has Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. She attends mainstream school.
You are expected to have proficient written, communication, problem-solving and care skills. All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
- Take and collect the client to/from school during term-time
- Maintain accurate and detailed handover (daily) records using an electronic app (Log My Care)
- Uphold CQC’s 5 domains at all times: Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive
- Support the client in daily tasks including help with schoolwork, and food preparation. Supervision may be required with bathing and showering and managing the clients’ Epilepsy.
- Administer/dispense/record administration of medication (including emergency epilepsy medication) as prescribed and documented in the Support Plan following training, and following the MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Ensuring all client documents are kept up to date in accordance with MSPCM policy and ensuring the prompt and accurate logging of any Accident/Incidents/Near Misses and escalating these to the Case Manager
- Cleaning client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Enable the client to live as full, active and comfortable life as possible, planning and arranging social and recreational activities within the home and in the local community, motivating and encouraging participation in such, taking into account the client’s health and medical condition (including horse riding, swimming, etc.)
- Reinforce and assist in any therapy programmes under the guidance of the necessary professionals
- Travelling with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Effectively communicating with the multi-disciplinary team, with the client and their family/friends, and within the care support team. This may involve the highest degree of sensitivity and insight into family dynamics.
- Ensure client confidentiality in record keeping and discussion concerning the client with their dignity, respect and privacy always being maintained
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager.
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and their family’s needs is essential (your working hours are based on a Rota)
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with children with a complex Brain Injury is essential
- Reliable car and full U.K. Drivers’ Licence essential
- Non-smokers only