SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Part-time & Full-time hours available: 24 or 36 hours per week. Based on a Rota of days and waking night shifts. Please do not apply if you are not willing to do both day and waking night shifts.
Salary: £15 per hour weekdays and waking nights, £30 per hour bank holidays
This post is only available to female applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of a well-established care team who support a 21-year-old young lady within her own home and community. Our client has Cerebral Palsy and is wheelchair dependent. Aspects of personal care, and support with therapy programs are required.
You are expected to have proficient written, communication, problem-solving and care skills. All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
- Maintain accurate and detailed handover (daily) records using an electronic app (Log My Care)
- Uphold CQC’s 5 domains at all times: Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive
- Support the client in all daily tasks and deliver personal care: including: bathing, eating/feeding, dressing, grooming, toileting, and managing the clients’ Epilepsy.
- Administer/dispense/record administration of medication (including emergency epilepsy medication) as prescribed and documented in the Support Plan following training, and following the MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Ensuring all client documents are kept up to date in accordance with MSPCM policy and ensuring the prompt and accurate logging of any Accident/Incidents/Near Misses and escalating these to the Case Manager
- Move and handle as recommended in the moving and handling training (safely using hoisting equipment) and as per MSPCM policy and procedure.
- Cleaning client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Enable the client to live as full, active and comfortable life as possible, planning and arranging social and recreational activities within the home and in the local community, motivating and encouraging participation in such, taking into account the client’s health and medical condition
- Reinforce and assist in any therapy programmes, including Physiotherapy under the guidance of the necessary professionals
- Travelling with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Effectively communicating with the multi-disciplinary team, with the client and their family/friends, and within the care support team. This may involve the highest degree of sensitivity and insight into family dynamics.
- Ensure client confidentiality in record keeping and discussion concerning the client with their dignity, respect and privacy always being maintained
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager.
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and their family’s needs is essential
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- A positive and reassuring approach is essential
- Highly-motivated and proactive attitude in organising and implementing activities within and outside the clients home is essential
- Experience working with young adults with a complex Brain Injury is essential
- Full U.K. Drivers’ Licence essential
- Availability to support the young lady on holidays and short breaks if required
- Non-smokers only