Hours: Full-time or Part-time hours available with either 22 or 44 hours per week consisting of 11-hour day shifts.
Salary: £11.50 per hour weekdays, £12.00 per hour weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a young man within his home and in the community. Our client has complex healthcare needs including Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. He is wheelchair dependent and is dependent on others for all activities of daily living. You will be part of a small established team of support workers.
All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
You will be responsible for-
- Supporting the client in all aspects of their daily living (you will require a degree of physical fitness for this)
- Motivating and encouraging participation in a range of recreational pursuit
- Following therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals
- Travelling with, act as driver or take responsibility for the client when travelling as instructed by Parents
- Closely supervising the client to ensure their safety around the house and in the community
- Delivering personal care
- Assisting with feeding
- Logging any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Providing high standards of cleanliness, comfort and homeliness. Prioritising the client’s needs at all times by assisting with cleaning specific equipment
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- A certain degree of physical fitness is essential to support the client in moving and handling situations
- Experience working with young adults with a complex Brain Injury is essential, but all specific training will be given
- Full U.K. Drivers’ Licence is essential
- Confidence in driving the clients’ wheelchair accessible vehicle is essential
- Willingness to integrate therapies into activities and follow therapy programs from the Rehabilitation team is essential
- You must have a degree of flexibility as the working hours are based on a rota
- Non-smokers only please
- Please note that the family home is also home to 3 dogs (1 large) and so you must be comfortable working with dogs in close proximity