Part-time 18 hours (Weekends), Retford- Nottinghamshire Area
HOURS: Saturday and Sunday 10am-7pm (every other weekend). Additional hours may be available to cover annual leave and sickness.
PAY: £13 p/h weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a 12-year-old boy with an acquired brain injury in his own home and in the community. Although mobile, our client has some mobility difficulties and can require the use of a wheelchair outdoors. He has some communication difficulties, eats orally but requires smooth foods and a high calorie diet. He also requires assistance with personal care.
You will be required to:
- Support the client in all aspects of daily living including assistance with personal care and feeding
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit, planning activities and creating opportunities for the client for interactive play in a variety of ways and settings
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals
- Travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Provide a detailed daily written handover record of input and support with the client, and to record any changes and feedback to family both verbally and in the communication book
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Clean client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with children with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Car and Full U.K. Driving Licence is essential
- For insurance purposes, you must be over 25 and be a confident driver to facilitate outings in the client vehicle
- You must have a degree of flexibility with your working hours to suit the needs of the client
Non-smokers only please