Part-time (Weekends), Retford- Nottinghamshire Area
HOURS: Various weekend hours are available (every other weekend)- please apply if you are interested in working weekend hours and we can discuss what best suits the needs of you and our client. Please note on your application the hours you would be willing to work. Additional hours may be available to cover annual leave and sickness.
PAY: £12 p/h weekday, £13 p/h weekends and £8.91 p/h sleep in.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a 12-year-old boy with an acquired brain injury in his own home and in the community. Although mobile, our client has some mobility difficulties and can require the use of a wheelchair outdoors. He has some communication difficulties, eats orally but requires smooth foods and a high calorie diet. He also requires assistance with personal care.
You will be required to:
- Support the client in all aspects of daily living including assistance with personal care and feeding
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit, planning activities and creating opportunities for the client for interactive play in a variety of ways and settings
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals
- Travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Provide a detailed daily written handover record of input and support with the client, and to record any changes and feedback to family both verbally and in the communication book
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Clean client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with children with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Car and Full U.K. Driving Licence is essential
- For insurance purposes, you must be over 25 and be a confident driver to facilitate outings in the client vehicle
- You must have a degree of flexibility with your working hours to suit the needs of the client
- Non-smokers only please