SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Wrenthorpe, Wakefield Area
Part-time, 16-21 hours per week
Salary: £12.50 per hour weekdays, £13.00 per hour weekends
Please note: This post is only available to female applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a wheelchair dependent 17-year-old girl with cerebral palsy in her home and in the community. Patience, enthusiasm and a fun outlook are required, along with a willingness to undertake activities and therapy programmes. Personal care and PEG feeding is involved. You must be flexible to suit the needs of our client.
You will receive all necessary training for the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering a high standard of personal care – our client takes pride in her appearance.
- PEG feeding (once trained) to a safe and high-quality standard.
- Researching and organizing activity programmes for the client.
- Accessing leisure activities in the community with the client using/ driving the client’s specially adapted vehicle.
- Completing a communication sheet/ record that logs what the client has eaten and what therapies she has had.
- Handling Support Worker expenses honestly and accurately logging expenditure.
- Liaising with therapists and integrating these therapies into the care you provide, helping our client to gain further independence.
- Going above and beyond your listed duties to maintain a high-quality standard of care.
- Our client would like someone with a patient, enthusiastic and engaging personality.
- Someone who is reliable and flexible to suit the clients’ needs.
- Experience working with children is essential.
- Previous experience in the care sector/ support environment is essential.
- Experienced in delivering personal care is desired.
- Previous experience of working with children with Brain Injuries is desired.
- Full U.K. Driver’s Licence is essential and must be a confident driver.
- Non-smokers only.
Hours will vary between 16 and 21 hours per week. This will cover weekdays, weekends and evenings. You will be required to cover staff for sickness and annual leave at times.
£12.50 per hour weekdays, £13.00 per hour weekends.