Part-time hours, Retford- Nottinghamshire Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a 16-year-old boy with an acquired brain injury in his home and in the community. Our Client has complex health needs including epilepsy. Personal care and assistance with medication administration involved.
You will be required to:
- Support the Client in all aspects of daily living
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit
- Work with a female-led rehabilitation team who will support you to provide fun activities and rehabilitation therapy programs to follow (including Physiotherapy)
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the Client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the Client on each outing
- Clean Client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Deliver personal care (helping with shaving)
- Administer medication (only once trained)
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the Client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the Client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- A fun outlook and motivational attitude is essential
- Willingness to integrate therapies into activities and follow therapy programs from the Rehabilitation team is essential
- Experience working with young adults with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Reliable car and full U.K. Drivers Licence essential to facilitate outings
- You must have a degree of flexibility
- Non-smokers only
- A male support worker would be preferred for this position.
HOURS: Your hours will include an 8 hour shift each Sunday. There will also be an option to have extra hours during the school holidays as well as covering Annual Leave and Sleep-in’s.
PAY: £13 per hour on weekends