SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Part-time hours, Chesterfield (S40) Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a 7-year-old girl within her own home and community. Our client has complex health needs which include cerebral palsy, hypertonia, and speech and language difficulties.
You will be required to:
- Support the client in all aspects of daily living
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals (including Physiotherapy)
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Clean client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Deliver personal care
- Administer medication (once trained)
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and her family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- You must have a degree of flexibility in this position
- Experience working with young adults with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Full U.K. Drivers Licence essential
- Experience in cleaning clinical equipment is desirable as this needs to be done to the highest standard
- Non-smokers only please.
HOURS: 19.5 hours each week comprising of 3 evenings for 4.5 hours (15:00 – 19:30). Remaining 6 hours to be used flexibly over the weekend as agreed with parents.
Additional hours available during school holidays.
PAY: £12.50 per hour weekdays- £13.50 per hour weekends