SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
- 6 Month Temporary Post
- Part-time, 11-21 hours per week
- Wrenthorpe, Wakefield Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a wheelchair dependent 17-year old girl with cerebral palsy in her home and in the community. Patience, enthusiasm and a fun outlook required along with a willingness to undertake activities and therapy programmes. Personal care and PEG feeding involved. Must have a degree of flexibility.
You will be responsible for…
- Delivering personal care and PEG feeding (once trained) to a safe and high-quality standard. Our client takes pride in their appearance
- Researching and organizing activity programs for the client
- Accessing leisure activities in the community with the client using/ driving the client’s specially adapted vehicle
- Completing a communication sheet/ record that logs what the client has eaten and what therapies she has had
- Handling Support Worker expenses honestly and accurately logging expenditure
- Liaising with therapists and be trained to integrate these therapies into the care you provide, helping our client to gain further independence
- Going above and beyond your listed duties to maintain a high-quality standard of care.
- Patient, enthusiastic and engaging personality
- Experience working with children is essential
- Previous experience in the care sector/ support environment is essential
- Experienced in delivering personal care desired
- Previous experience of working with children with Brain Injuries is desired
- You must have a degree of flexibility
- Non-smokers only
- Full UK Driving Licence essential and must be a confident driver
HOURS: Hours will vary between 11 and 21 hours per week. This will cover weekdays, weekends and evenings. You will be required to cover staff for sickness and annual leave.
PAY: £11 per hour which will be increased when fully trained