Rehabilitation Support Worker
Part-time hours in the Grimsby Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a 7-year-old boy with cerebral palsy in his own home and in the community. The client is fully dependent on adults for all his care needs. He is wheelchair dependent and has epilepsy. Personal care is also involved.
All client specific and necessary training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
- Support the client in all aspects of daily living.
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals and family.
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Travel with and act as driver or take responsibility for the client when travelling as instructed by family.
- To provide high standards of cleanliness, comfort and homeliness. Prioritising the client’s needs at all times by assisting with cleaning specific equipment.
- Deliver personal care.
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager.
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company.
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record.
- Patience, enthusiasm, and a fun outlook are required along with a willingness to undertake activities and therapy programs.
- Experience of supporting children/young adults with complex health needs and disabilities is essential.
- Computer skills are essential in order to support the use of an Eye Gaze communication aid and complete client records.
- Non-smokers only please
- Full U.K. Driving License is essential for facilitating outings.
- You must have a degree of flexibility.
- Experience of working with children with Brain Injury is desired
HOURS: 20 hours per week.
PAY: £12.50 per hour weekdays, £13.50 per hour weekends, £13.50 per hour for night shifts