SUPPORT WORKER PART-TIME EVENINGS
Part-time, Lincoln (LN2 area)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of a small well-established care team who support a 5-year-old boy within his own home and community. Our client has an acquired brain injury, cerebral palsy and Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. He also has delayed language development and uses Makaton to aid communication.
All training will be given.
You will be required to:
- Support the client in all aspects of daily living
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit (including horse riding, swimming and going on bike rides)
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals (including Physiotherapy)
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Clean client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Deliver personal care
- Assist with feeding
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- A certain degree of physical fitness is required to engage in recreational pursuits
- Previous experience working with children with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Reliable car and full U.K. Drivers Licence essential to facilitate outings
- You must have a degree of flexibility as the working hours are based on a Rota
- Non-Smokers Only
HOURS: 6 hours each week comprising of: 3 hours on a Monday and Wednesday evening.
PAY: £12 per hour weekdays- £13 per hour weekends/nights