SUPPORT WORKER (Female)
Part-time, Crich/Matlock Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of a small well-established care team who support a young girl within her own home and in the local community. Our client has Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. She attends mainstream school.
You will be required to:
- Take and collect the client to/from school during term-time
- Motivate and encourage participation in a range of recreational pursuit
- Follow therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals
- Log any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- To travel with, act as driver, or take responsibility for the client when travelling, ensuring that safety is a priority whilst using public transport and when accompanying the client on each outing
- Cleaning of client’s rooms and any associated equipment
- Any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Be flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and her family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with young adults with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Reliable car and full U.K. Drivers Licence essential
- You must have a degree of flexibility as the working hours are based on a Rota
- Non-smokers only.
HOURS: The shifts include days, evenings, and some weekends on a rota basis. Rota shifts will be discussed at interview. (18-25 hours available approximately).
PAY: £11.50 per hour weekdays- £12.50 per hour weekends