Part-time hours, Gainsborough (DN21) Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a young man within his own home and community. Our client has an acquired Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy and communication difficulties.
All essential and specific training will be given to help you fulfil your role.
You will be responsible for-
- Supporting the client in all aspects of daily living
- Motivating and encouraging participation in a range of recreational pursuit (including swimming, walking and going on bike rides etc.)
- Logging any Accidents/Incidents, keep a medication record, daily activities record and support worker expenses and mileage record
- Following therapy programs as agreed with involved professionals
- Travelling with, acting as driver (using the clients’ vehicle) or take responsibility for the client when travelling as instructed by Parents
- Providing high standards of cleanliness, comfort and homeliness. Prioritising the client’s needs at all times by assisting with cleaning specific equipment, if required.
- Administering medication (once trained)
- Assisting with feeding
- Undertaking any other appropriate and reasonable task in relation to the employment as agreed with the client’s family and Case Manager
- Being flexible in hours of work to satisfy the client and his family’s needs.
- Patience, enthusiasm, maturity and professionalism are essential for this position
- Experience working with young adults with complex Brain Injury is essential
- Willingness to integrate therapies into activities and follow therapy programs from the Rehabilitation team is essential
- Car and Full U.K. Drivers Licence essential
- You must have a degree of flexibility as the working hours are based on a rota
HOURS: 46 hours per week available comprising of Monday – Friday 15:00- 21:00, Saturday and Sunday 13:00- 21:00. We are recruiting for 2 Support Workers to fill these hours.
PAY: £9 per hour increasing to £10.50 per hour once trained